Happy August and cheers to National Wellness Month
We at the WCA are making a commitment to self-care as a form of self-love and relationship care. Self-care recognizes individuals as active agents in managing their health, whether for preventing and controlling diseases, performing health checks, health education and promotion, rehabilitation and recovery, sexual health and much more. I have committed to practicing a couple of different acts of self-care and hope you all join me in making some intentional time to create care for yourself, which will branch into all your relationships. To maybe inspire and keep me accountable, I wanted to share some acts of self-care that I’m hoping to try out, and I hope you do too!
- Scheduling all doctor check-up appointments
- Sitting alone on my porch in the morning to enjoy some coffee
- Meditating for three min each day
- Be in nature
- Decluttering a spot in my house or car
- Dancing it out (I use dance to express my emotions and my kitchen seems to have the best dancefloor)
- Stretch for a couple of minutes each day
- Write a letter to an old friend
- Say “no” to some events and extracurriculars
- Go on a long run without a pace or time limit
- Sleep until I’m fully rested, no alarm is needed
Healing Begins With Hope – October 29, 2021
For many years the WCA Healing Begins with Hope Breakfast has been a highlight for many community members. This event showcases the stories of WCA survivors and illustrates the impact the WCA has on the community and the needs we are continuing to provide. The Healing Begins with Hope Breakfast is a fundraiser event, but more importantly, a time for passionate members in our community to hear from survivors and our CEO Bea Black.
Ambassador Table Hosts
Each year, we ask Ambassadors interested in hosting a table of peers, co-workers, and family during this event. Hosting your loved ones is a way to invite them into our mission, expand the support network of the WCA and further an exceptional event where community members gather to help end domestic abuse and sexual assault while in the presence of WCA survivors sharing their stories firsthand. The event is a free event but is by invitation only.
Responsibilities of a WCA Table Host include:
- Invite and secure four or more guests to join you at Healing Begins With Hope, the WCA’s annual fundraiser on Oct 29, 2021
- Register your guests
- Attend a Table Host Orientation /Kick-off (Aug 25 or Sept 9 at 5:30 p.m.)
- Attend the 30-minute Pre-event Check-in call (Oct 27 at 12:30 p.m.)
- Attend Healing Begins With Hope with your guests at the Riverside Hotel
- Personally thank your guests following the event
For more detailed logistics able table hosting, check out our: 2021 Table Host Manual
Table Host Orientation/Kick-off Sign-ups: SIGN UP HERE
We have two dates and times for Table Host Orientation/Kick-off. If you are interested in table hosting or would like to learn more please sign up for one of the following table host orientations. Currently, these are to be held in person, this might be subject to change with the fluctuation and increases of COVID cases in the area.
Wednesday, August 25: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Lombard Conrad Architects
(472 W Washington St)
Thursday, September 9 – 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. WCA Clubroom
(720 W Washington St)
SueB 5k/10k – Ambassador and Volunteer Team
Join the Ambassador and Volunteer team! If you are already registered just add yourself to the team. If you need to register, first register and you can add the team once you are registered! We will be running/walking/strolling/rolling all together on one of the designated routes for the SueB event. JOIN US!